Sculptra Butt Lift
* Before & After results may vary from person to person.
Sculptra treatments provides long-lasting results for up to two to three years.
Sculptra can do several things:
- Promotes collagen production and increases volume
- Skin tightening
- Improve skin quality
Sculptra Butt Lift Winnipeg is an injection treatment requiring several (average 2-4) procedures.
Results are seen over several weeks as collagen is boosted and volume of the treated areas increase. Repeat treatments will get better over several weeks after the procedure as the body increases collagen levels. While the best results will be seen after a few weeks, patients return to get repeat treatments to ensure the best outcome. The average patient receives about three treatment sessions over a few months to achieve the best results.
Your Sculptra Butt Lift Winnipeg can maintained with further treatments.
- Rounded and more curvy buttocks
- Increased buttock volume
- Results lasting 2-3 years
Sculptra is Health Canada approved poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA) bio-stimulatory filler that allows patients to build longer lasting volume gradually over time. Poly-L-Lactic Acid is an injectable, biocompatible formula made up of poly-L-lactic acid microparticles, a polymer of the alpha-hydroxy-acid family that is safely absorbed and eliminated by the body.
When Sculptra® is injected into the buttocks
- fullness is added
- skin quality improves through increased collagen production. (Collagen is a natural substance made within the skin that helps to hold up and retain skin shape. As you age, your skin’s natural collagen levels diminish, leading to drooping and sagging of the skin. Sculptra® helps to promote collagen production, which helps the skin appear healthier and function better.
- a topical or local anesthetic be used alongside treatment to ensure patient comfort.
- The buttocks will be marked prior to the procedure to indicate regions for desired enhancement.
- While you are standing, Dr. Minuk will assess and mark the treatment region
- You will lying down for the injection treatment
- Following treatment, injected areas will be massaged for several minutes to ensure proper product spread.
- A Sculptra Butt Lift Winnipeg treatment can be accomplished in less than an 60 minutes
- Repeat treatment is recommended in 4-6-week intervals.
Preparation for Sculptra® BBL
2 Weeks Before Treatment
Avoid nuts, seeds, fish, fish oil, NSAIDs (Advil, Motrin, Naprosyn), Aspirin, ASA, and anything that prolongs bleeding. This will significantly help minimize bruising, bleeding, and swelling after your injections.
- You can start Arnica supplements a week prior to injections to help with post injection bruises. Arnica helps to speed up the fading away of bruises. Arnica supplements can be found in most health supplement isles and at your local pharmacy
Stopping Medications and Supplements
- If you are on blood thinners, you may need to stop these for a few day or weeks prior to your injection treatment. Speak to your prescribing physician regarding if it is safe to stop these medications as well as to obtain instructions about when to stop and restart the medication. We do not recommend patients that are on life saving medications stop their medications in order to have any cosmetic procedures performed.
Day of Injection
Eat and drink before your treatment
- Most people are not fond of needles. Having good blood sugar levels and being hydrated will make it less likely that you will feel queasy during your treatment.
Minimize lotions and creams
- Please do not apply lotions and creams on treatment day especially in and around areas where you would like to get injections performed.
Recovery & After Care
There will be an initial volume increase that is caused by the sterile water used to suspend the Sculptra particles for injection. During the first day or two following the treatment, your body will naturally absorb this water. The treatment area should be lightly massaged by the patient for about 5 days after treatment throughout the buttocks to help deliver the fullest appearance. Results will appear gradually and the shape of the buttocks will continue to improve with follow-up treatments.
Massage and Ice
- Massage the treated area for five minutes five times a day for five days after treatment, as recommended by your physician.
- Use a small bag of frozen peas in a sandwich bag or crushed ice to gently ice the area. No heavy ice bags. Ice for 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off. Continue icing for 24-48 hours if possible. NEVER apply ice directly to skin and avoid firm pressure.
- AVOID strenuous exercise for 48 hours in order to reduce swelling and bruising. You may resume other daily activities/routines immediately after treatment.
Take Tylenol for Pain
- It is normal to experience some discomfort and sensitivity in the area of the injection. Most patients find that Tylenol can help relieve this post-injection pain. Avoid NSAIDs such as Advil, Aspirin, Motrin and ibuprofen as these can make swelling and bruising worse.
- May last 1-2 weeks but bad bruises can last up to 4 weeks. This is normal. Bruises can show up several days after the treatment.
- May not always be even from side to side depending on pre-existing asymmetry and volume of injection and bleeding at each injection site.
- Initial swelling takes 2 weeks to settle. Swelling will be worse the first 24-48 hours.
- Avoid exercise first 48 hours or longer as swelling increases when working out.
- Asymmetry is usually related to swelling and volume following treatment Any asymmetries with collagen production will not be evident for 4–6 weeks.
Lumps and bumps
- The filling of tiny subcutaneous bumps that are usually not visible but can be felt when pressing on the skin are normal and will resolve with time.
Initial Subtle Results
- Sculptra results become evident at 4-6 weeks after injection treatment Any initial post-treatment volume games are most likely due to the Sculptra solution as well as swelling.
- Anywhere from 2- 3 treatment sessions may be recommended in order to achieve final results.
Possible complications after Sculptra® injections
- Hypersensitivity or allergic reactions
- Green or yellow drainage at site of injection
- Cold sore or herpes simplex virus outbreak
- Injection site nodules requiring steroid treatment, or in rarer cases surgical removal
- Intravascular injection leading to skin breakdown
Please notify our office immediately if you feel that you may be experiencing any of the above possible complications after your filler injection.