Premium Micro-needling Services in Winnipeg
* Before & After results may vary from person to person.
Dr. Minuk’s SkinClinic & Laser Centre offers the Eclipse MicroPen™ for the residents of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Northwest Ontario & surrounding areas.
What Is Micro-needling?
Micro-needling is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation procedure, also known as collagen induction therapy
Using precise needles to enter the very top layers if the skin:
- Micro-needling stimulates the replacement of surface skin cells, revealing young, glowing skin underneath.treating fine lines, discolouration, acne scars, skin imperfections and improving of the skin’s overall appearance.
- Treatment creates controlled micro-injuries to the skin in order to stimulate collagen and elastin production. The skin’s repair process results in overall improvement of the skin’s appearance.
- Micro-needling also creates superficial micro-channels into the top layers of the skin.Topical gels, PRP (platelet rich plasma) creams and serums to treat a variety of skin conditions including melasma commonly are placed on the skin to improve results.
How it Works
The body recognizes the damage, (even though it is not enough to cause scabbing or scarring) activates the skin’s natural healing process. The body triggers the production of collagen and elastin, resulting in improved skin texture and firmness, as well as reduction in scars, pore size, and stretch marks.
This is an especially effective treatment for those who want to reduce the appearance of scars, wrinkles and pores by rejuvenating the skin under and around them.
What Are The Benefits?
The benefits of micro-needling include:
- A reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Fewer signs of aging.
- Reduce hyper-pigmentation
- Improve acne scars,
- Improve stretch marks
- Creates a fresher appearance or glow to the skin.
- Benefits can be enhance with PRP (platelet rich plasma)
How Do We Handle Microneedling?
With Treatment Plans Developed by Experts
Dr. Minuk’s experienced team creates a treatment plan that is designed to produce results. Our team is constantly growing and developing new ways of using the technology at our disposal for your skin health. This unique plan we develop for your micro-needling treatment in Winnipeg will surpass all of your expectations.
As Professionals Who Care about Your Needs
You’ll be able to find more than one clinic in Winnipeg offering Micro-needling, but nowhere else will you find a team that cares so much about your goals and delivering the results that you want for your skin. We are skin experts and understand that skin needs can be personal and deeply important to our clients.
What Areas of the Body Can be Treated?
Micro-needling can be used on all parts of the body, including the: face, neck, décolleté, arms, hands, legs, abdomen and back.
What Does It Feel Like?
You will feel very little in most cases the tiny needles used by the device don’t even puncture as far as a tattoo needle, so a light stinging is usually the only sensation. We use medical grade topical numbing agent for the skin before the procedure begins. The numbing will prevent most sensations during the treatment.
How Long Does The Procedure Take?
The procedure takes 15-60 minutes depending on the size of the area treated.
What Is The Downtime?
Everyone is different—-The skin treated may be red up to 2 to 4 days, but many patients heal completely in as little as 24 hours.
When Will I See The Results?
Patients notice an immediate “glow” to their skin. Visible changes to the skin develop over the course of several days and weeks. Results can continue to improve up to 6 months after a treatment as collagen production continues.
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
Some patients only require a single treatment once per year to maintain optimal results. However, depending on your skin texture and quality at the time of your consult, Dr. Minuk may recommend more than one treatment spaced approximately 4 to 6 weeks apart to repair your skin. For patients with deep wrinkles, advanced photo-aging, stretch marks or acne scars it is recommended to receive 6-8 sessions at 4 to 6 week intervals.
Controlled micro punctures
Topical numbing cream
Mild to moderate
Has a cumulative effect
Within 1-2 weeks