Belkyra™ for Double Chins
* Before & After results may vary from person to person.
Welcome to Victoria Park Medispa- a premiere location for Belkyra™ Winnipeg double chin treatment
Traditionally, excess fat underneath the chin, also known as “double chin”, was only able to be removed through surgery or liposuction. But advances in aesthetic medicine now make it possible to destroy chin fat with a simple injection process that requires no surgery or downtime to reduce a double chin and help restore a tighter, more defined contour to the lower chin and jawline.
What is Belkyra™?
PLEASE NOTE THAT BELKYRA™ AND KYBELLA™ ARE IDENTICAL PRODUCTS AND NAMED DIFFERENTLY FOR CANADA AND USA, RESPECTIVELY
- Is a nonsurgical 15- to 20-minute in-office treatment session
- Minimal to any downtime treatment
- Is customized to help your treatment goals
- Destroys fat cells when injected into the fat beneath your chin. Once the aesthetic goal is achieved, re-treatment is not expected
The Belkyra™ injection is formulated from ‘deoxycholic acid’, which is found naturally in your body and aids in the absorption of fat. Belkyra™ is typically a well-tolerated procedure, and is the first FDA and Health Canada approved treatments for moderated to severe fat in the submental (double chin) area. A series of injections is administered by Dr. Minuk, with most patients seeing visible results after two to four sessions,
Am I a Good Candidate for Belkyra™?
Men and women who eat a proper diet and lead a healthy lifestyle but who still have problems eliminating excess fat underneath the chin may be good candidates for Belkyra™. During your consultation several factors such as your health, medical history, cosmetic goals and expectations will be considered in order to determine if Belkyra™ is right for you.
Tell me more about Belkyra™
Treatment resulted in high patient satisfaction
- 79% of patients treatment reported satisfaction with the appearance of the face and neck
- After treatment, patients reported improvement in self-perception, including feeling happier and younger, based on their chin profile, as well as feeling embarrassed, less self-conscious, less overweight, and less bothered by their submental fullness (double chin).
What is the Cost of a Belkyra™ treatment?
Each patient will have different needs. Generally a treatment is $1000-$1500.
Is Belkyra™ Safe?
Approved by the FDA and Health Canada for efficacy and safety, Belkyra™ is easily recognized and processed by the body, significantly reducing the risks of adverse reaction.
Bruising, swelling and redness is common at injection sites and usually subsides shortly after treatment. Belkyra™ typically carries no major side effects, although we will review the procedure in detail allowing you to make a clear informed decision before proceeding with treatment.
Although fat is destroyed permanently with Belkyra™, future weight gains and lifestyle changes can cause fat to recur in the submental (double chin) area. Depending on your individual condition, several sessions may be needed to achieve the desired results.
Why Victoria Park Medispa for your Belkyra™ treatments?
Victoria Park Medispa injectors have years of experience with injectables.